Technical Support Engineer
LinMot USA, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of LinMot/NTI, AG, located in Switzerland. LinMot is a worldwide supplier of linear motors and drives to a wide range of industries including packaging, medical, assembly, material handling and many others. We manufacture high quality equipment that’s unique in the market. You will be working with products that you’ll be proud to represent. Our users range from small companies to some of the world’s largest and most recognizable corporations. One of the keys to our success is excellent technical support. We are now looking to add a highly motivated individual here in our Elkhorn, WI location.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be working directly with our customers, potential customers and sales people. You will become an expert in all technical aspects of our products. One of your duties will be to help existing customers troubleshoot issues involving our products, over the phone using internet remote connections and via travel to the customer’s location. This will require not only knowledge of LinMot products but the ability to understand the customer’s machine and application and recommend corrective action. You will also help prospective customers with proper application of our linear motors and drives, including proper sizing and integrating to the customer’s control system, often including PLC’s. A definite plus will be a background working with Allen-Bradley PLC’s and the Studio5000 programming environment. Finally, you will be helping our sales people answer technical inquiries and make sure quotations are accurate and complete. During this process you will be building long-term relationships with your customers and identifying additional business opportunities.
You will thrive in this position if you are passionate about using your expertise to help others succeed.
We offer an attractive new office with a casual, friendly atmosphere and a dedicated staff. We are conveniently located just off I43 in the Elkhorn Industrial Park.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with commensurate experience
• Excellent communication skills including face-to-face, telephone, written and e-mail
• High level of proficiency with personal computers including MS Office software
• Ability to travel including a valid driver’s license
• Experience with motion control
• Experience with PLC’s and PLC programming
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Machine design or troubleshooting
• Control system design or troubleshooting
• Servo motor system design or troubleshooting
• Design of motion systems
• Field service & technical support
• Experience with industrial field communication buses such as Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet, etc.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org